Your membership will not only enhance QICA, but will deliver a range of benefits to your centre, organisation, staff and volunteers. Your membership will allow the organisation to continue to strengthen as a truly representative body for our industry, working within the tourism structure of Queensland. QICA is recognised as being the official representative body for VIC’s in QLD.
Member benefits include:
- Showing your support to the industry by actively contributing to the development and representation of Information Centres in Queensland
- Representation at meetings and functions relating to our industry
- Access to Tourism and Events Queensland’s updates and information on the VIC signage policy
- Regular newsletter containing information about current QICA projects, current issues and news from our industry and more
- Access to the QICA website "members area" offering useful information, links, contacts and downloads
- Link to your website from the QICA "public" website
- Access to information and assistance on matters relating to VIC's
- Invitation to participate in the annual QICA Conference
- Member discount for delegates attending the Conference
- Access to QICA's VIC Training Manuals
- Receive Networking advantages
- Membership is tax deductible
To be eligible for membership of the association the applicant must operate an accredited or non accredited Visitor Information Centre in Queensland. Booking Agents and associated businesses may be eligible for Associate Membership on application. Membership to the Association will be decided on by the executive committee
Other criteria as set out in the QICA Constitution. All Information Centres operating under a single ABN are eligible to be recognised as members, covered by a single fee. A separate application form is required for each centre.
Each Information Centre operating with a unique ABN will require an independent application and fee to be eligible for membership.
Membership is financial year of 1st July to 30th June. Membership must be current as at 1st October for voting rights at the Annual General Meeting held in October
Applications are accepted at each Annual General Meeting for the hosting of the following AGM and conference. Applications are to be submitted by members only. The applicant must be prepared to accept an executive position on the Management Committee as part of the application criteria.
VIC Membership is $75 per annum per member.
Associate Membership is $50 per annum per member.
Download the QICA Payment Policy
Download the Associate Membership criteria